My main source of news and information is TikTok. I know it is not a very reliable source but it is the first platform I will hear news from due to the frequency that am on the app. I would not say I go on TikTok to search for news because I know it is not a credible source, but I find that recent incidents and news always find their way onto the app. I feel that TikTok can spread news and information quicker than some mainstream news channels. TikTok will get into deeper details of news and it can bring more attention to things that might have been brushed over by the public originally. Although not everything I see on TikTok is true, I enjoy seeing other peoples opinions on recent news.
Another source I find news and information on is Yik Yak. This is only for college news but I find that I get the most information about what's going on around campus through this app. Similar to TikTok I know there is a lot of false information on the app. It is also anonymous so the credibility of the source is lacking. The upside of the app being anonymous is that people wont hold back their thoughts because they wont get any repercussions for their freedom of speech. I feel that I gravitate towards Yik Yak when I am curious on other students opinions on recent news and matters.
Additionally I frequently go to ChatGPT for any information I need. I find that ChatGPT gives me the direct answers I am looking for faster than searching for it in news articles. I use this platform for a variety of information I am looking for rather than having to go to particular sources for particular information. It gives answers fast and is prepared to answer follow up questions as well. Although the source is not always accurate, it can bring you to more credible sources with links. I would recommend this platform for fast information.
Instagram is another platform that I will get information and news from. This would be more personal news rather than global news but it is definitely a place I see recent incidents. If you were looking to know things about a specific person's life I would say instagram would give you the most information on them. It is also a platform that celebrities or brands will use when addressing issues to customers or fans so you can find that type of information on there. This is not a platform I use to stay relevant on topics but more when I want to find information on certain people or brands.
Lastly I would say I will go to my family and friends for information. Word of mouth spreads news and information very quick and even though it is not always accurate, it is what I trust the most when its coming from loved ones. Information that I had no clue about or would not have interested me on social media comes to me from people around me. I feel that I go to my parents very often because I think they are more knowledgeable than me on many topics. I stay relevant on topics just due to the effect of people around me talking about it or updating me on matters.





No comments:
Post a Comment